Thursday, March 27, 2008

THING # 15 ONLINE GAMES IN LIBRARIES


My children would understand this. They grew up with VIDEO GAMES. As for me, I did try Packman a few times. And, I remember playing a game with my nephew once ( he was 7 then ). It was a motorcycle race. My hand/eye coordination didn't compare to his. He won of course.
So, after all these anos (years) I get a chance to redeem myself with PUZZLE PIRATES...Idid try, but, it seems to take a long time to "launch". After 10 min. of waiting I gave up. Tried again later and a note came up saying server was down for maintenance. Yo (I) will check it out at some later date.
SECOND LIFE...How interesting is that??? You can even "BUY LAND" here! Although there is a price tag , it could be a great learning tool for schools.

No comments: