Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thing # 7 Communication Tools

EMAIL-Productivity Tips-AKA KISS
Absolutely, keep it short/simple/to the point/etc. I like the Mail Template idea in #4.I would use it to manage responses as well as messages going out. Mail repeatedly sent out with the same info. time & time again could be customized as well.
IM
I have never tried Instant messaging myself, although I am familiar with it. As for Libraries , it would be a great way to be able to share alot of info. quickly.
Text Messaging
Excellent way to get a short message to someone if you don't have to or can't talk to them at that moment. I have been texting for 4-5 yrs. now and I find it very handy. I would be a great way for libraries to leave patrons messages re: holds or even a simple message to check the Libray's Web Page for upcoming programs/events.

No comments: